Help to shape a Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) bid for the historic West Norwood Cemetery
In 2016 a grant of £241,000 from the Heritage Lottery was awarded to Lambeth Council, in partnership with the Friends of West Norwood Cemetery, to develop proposals to conserve and protect the ‘magnificent’ West Norwood Cemetery for future generations.
Throughout 2017, extensive specialist surveys and consultation were carried out to develop a HLF bid which seeks to:
- restore and provide improved access to historic monuments
- conserve and manage the cemetery’s natural and built environments
- improve the cemetery’s infrastructure
- provide facilities for visitors and volunteers
- deliver an activities and volunteering programme
Together these results have helped shape new, exciting proposals for the future of West Norwood Cemetery and inform how further investment should be utilised.
We want to share our progress with you on the bid's designs and gather more feedback to incorporate into the official bid submission in August 2018.